Thursday, 5 January 2012

The meaning of vacation in all dictionaries is a time of rest and pleasure. Whether one is a student, or employee, one needs time to devote only to fun, pleasure, rest, and relaxation. The only time when one gets to do things they regularly don't get the chance to do. Whether staying home, traveling locally or internationally, vacation is usually one's time to enjoy and relax.

For me vacation truly means that my family goes away for a rest accompanied by me to make sure that they get it. My vacation was mostly dedicated to my girls. I wanted to make sure that they get the break that they don't usually have during school. However, their enjoyment doesn't truly mean that I enjoy all the amusement parks or water parks that we visited. As a family, we took a trip to Sharm El Sheikh. The weather was beyond beautiful. Vacation to me always means away from Cairo. It was all about the Sea, the sand, the pool, and best of all the relaxing. Although, at the beginning of the break I just wanted to hibernate in bed, yet traveling really made it.

While sitting at the beach with nothing to do, everyday I would get caught thinking about different things. Looking around me, I realized how much technology has really taken over our lives. Almost everyone at he beach, has their iPads, or mobiles. Almost every few minutes they click heir way through those devices. It's as if life wouldn't continue without Those devices or gadgets. For me, I don't have a negative opinion vis a vis technology, on the contrary, I think technology facilitates life. Yet, I really strongly feel that humans need to bond, need to shut down their devices and have a normal few hours of the day. I also had a few thoughts about Morrie's ideas about silence. It is so true that most people do feel uncomfortable when they're sitting in silence.

Every vacation one comes back with something that they've enjoyed most. The one thing I truly enjoyed this time was the amazing sunset. People can disagree about what makes a beautiful sunset. From my point of view the sunset that I saw was one of the best. The colors, the sea, the sand, the silence made it perfect. It was as if nature was showing off its beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment